Monday, January 17, 2011

Time in review

Hi!  This story is true.  It did happen with the help of my grandparents, mother, and friends.  My occupation was The Post Office.  Delivered mail to the little town of 8,000 people.  Now it is around 30,000.  My hobby was taking pictures of family members.  No one wants to let you take them farther than the front door.  Getting around this problem was to take pictures with your camera of the pictures.  My collection has reached about twenty albums of everything.  My 8MM movie camera has the pictures when my children was very young.  The grandchildren like to watch their parents move around in a very funny way.  We all laugh together.  That is what families should do very often.  Now I am going to start a story of our family from Grandparents to my great grand children.  Our line has been in this location for about 100 years.  I have lived here all my life, except two years in the service. 

Grandfather Jones and family will be my begining.  He was a farmer when moving from Richmond, Ky.  He changed his job to selling candy in the eastern part if Ky. My uncle said he did well and met all the quota every time they ask.  If fact he own his house,  and did have the first electric refrigerater on Central Ave!  This was about 1920.  His desire was to buy a farm and become a farmer. 

Now we begin to see about my father.  Dad and Mother was married in 1924.
They were two young people, starting out to meet world problems. Things did not go very well because they lost the first child in child-birth.  They had to go own with their lives.  He had a good with the telephone company and put this loss aside.  I was born in 1926 at 126 Central Ave.  On his job they were dynamiting holes.  Something happened and they did not go off.  Dad went to check the problem.  Yes, you guessed right.  The dynamite went off and they thought he had lost both eyes. Watch for my next blog for what happened on my next blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home